In this class you will learn all the in's and out's of the ancient technique of pearl knotting. This technique extends beyond pearls; you can use this for any beads to create an organic look for your necklace or bracelet, or even create a mala! At the end of class, you will have completed a knotted necklace using rice-shaped freshwater pearls with a sterling or 14K gold filled clasp.
In this class, you'll learn:
- Which tools to use to knot pearls
- Different types of pearls on the market,
- The difference between silk and nylon knotting,
- Determine size of thread for different sizes of holes in the pearls (or beads)
- Various closure options, and
- Other tips and tricks to create beautifully spaced, even knots
Class Duration: 3 hours with a short for lunch/snacks
Last day to cancel for a full refund is December 31, 2023. After this date, no refunds or credits will be given. Please review our FAQ page for directions and dress code. By registering for the class you agree to our policies and dress code.
Tools and Materials
Tools are provided.
Materials kit fee is $35 which includes the specialized tweezers (yours to keep), mat, freshwater pearls, thread, and sterling silver or 14K gold filled clasp. Material fee is due at the beginning of class and is payable to the instructor via cash, check, or Venmo.
About the instructor, Samantha Chang