Join us for our October Ladies' Night Out! Bring your best friend, mom, or daughter, and create a set of 6 wine charms. You’ll learn hammering and texturing techniques, and you'll end up with a custom set of wine charms that will spark conversation at your next gathering! This can also make a great handmade holiday gift!
- No experience required
- The cost covers one glass of wine or beer, light snacks (all gluten-free), one wrap ring in copper or brass, proper ring sizing guidance and instruction in texturing! Our instructor Kenzie and Jen will show you how to properly texture and stamp the metal
- the set of 6 includes 1/2-inch discs made from copper, bronze, and brass
- You will receive an email 48 hours before the event with our address and other details.
- Space is limited to 10; last day to cancel for a full refund is October 7, 2021
- This fun class fills up quick, so don’t hesitate to register
About the instructor, Kenzie Nelson:
About Jen Lesea-Ames, Owner, Silver Peak Studio:
A former personal fitness trainer and certified USA-Triathlon coach (B.S. Exercise Science, UC Davis and M.S. Kinesiology, CU-Boulder) with over 18 years of teaching experience, Jen retired from her fitness and coaching career after receiving a diagnosis of hip dysplasia and underwent two major hip surgeries. Wanting more of a challenge after stringing beads for three years, she studied metalsmithing at the Denver School of Metal Arts (now called Denver Jewelry Studio) from 2012-2016. She decided to go full-time with her jewelry business in 2014 and opened Silver Peak Studio in July 2020.
She is the owner, designer, and metalsmith of Jen Lesea Designs, (2009-present); her jewelry is sold in over 30 stores, including Fallingwater Museum Store, the Denver Art Museum Gift Shop, and the national catalog Uncommon Goods. Her experience and work has landed her local and national press. Jen is an Accredited Jewelry Professional from the Gemological Institute of America GIA and she is currently pursuing her GIA Graduate Gemologist certificate.
Her fun and friendly nature is apparent in everything she does, whether its teaching metalsmithing, talking to art show patrons, or motivating people to try something new, like stand up paddle-boarding!
As the owner of Silver Peak Studio, it is her intention to provide a safe, clean, professional and fun environment where students can grow in metalsmithing and enjoy the journey.
A few of Jen's favorite things: cats, pizza, and outdoor adventures.